Southern Freight Link
- Brand new single freight line extending from Villawood 24.4km to Glenlee 58.0km (~33km)
- Survey support for track installation and resurfacing at the completion of capping layer construction
- Permanent Survey control was supplied
- Track Control Marks (TCM) were installed and the survey was undertaken and permanent plaques affixed
Challenges & Outcomes
- The project presented many challenges which included the fact that live tracks adjoined the 30+ kilometre worksite.
- The 30+ km of single track was completed in just over 6 months and will eventually link with the proposed Moorebank Intermodal Facility.
Client: Laing O’Rourke Pty Ltd
Year: August 2012 – March 2013
Back to projects