Goodwood Junction Grade Separation
- Brand new dual track in slab on the Seaford line – approximately 300m in length x 2 tracks
- Permanent Survey control was supplied by the client.
- New technology known as the Rhotas G5 system was utilised to adjust / fine tune the track position, level, gauge and super elevation.
- This system utilised a digital gauge bar (known as the ‘digi-bar’) and remote connectivity with a Leica total station. This resulted in instantaneous answers measuring gauge, lift, line and super-elevation. Therefore adjustments to the track could be made in real time and subsequently checked in real time.
Challenges & Outcomes
- This projected presented a steep learning curve in the development and use of this specialised digi-bar technology.
- The project was successfully completed on time.
Client: Rhomberg Rail Australia Pty Ltd